When you refer a pet to Vets Now Referrals
We encourage all vets to call us to discuss a case without any obligation to refer it. We are happy to offer advice over the phone. If you decide that the case should be referred, then we have devised a referral process that is as hassle-free and quick as possible for you.
Once we have received a referral request the process is as follows:
- We will call your client to arrange a convenient appointment time.
- The appointment will consist of a 45-60 minute consultation with one of our referral team. We need you to work with us, so please ensure you provide us with all relevant history to assist our partnership approach in treating your patient.
- The options are discussed with your client and the best course of action agreed. Your client has no obligation to follow any treatment plan with us. You will be contacted by your preferred means of communication.
- Following discharge, instruction and advice will be given directly to your client in the form of a discharge note. A copy of this will immediately be forwarded to your practice within two hours.
- A full report will be sent to you by your preferred means of contact within 48 hours of the patient discharge.
In some cases, it may not be possible or in the patient’s best interest to perform all the necessary diagnostic tests and procedures in a single day, resulting in your client’s pet being hospitalised overnight or booked in for another time.